tirsdag den 5. oktober 2010

Start of something new

Everyday life is slowly starting to settle. Still, new things happen all the time.

Sunday Jill, Chihiro and I went to the mall. There's like a million stores there; I believe this is what Heaven looks like.

Monday was the first day of school. I got up at 7:00 am and got ready for school. Chihiro was goingtake me, even though she didn't have to be at school before 9:30, whereas I had to be there at 8:45. Jill had made delicious smoothies and lunches for us; she is so nice!!
The bus ride went pretty smooth. In the bus I met Cathrine, who also was traveling with her "asian sister". When we got to the school, after a 5 minute bus ride, we all met up and were taken to a room, where some of our teachers and tutors were. After meeting them and hearing something about the school and the housing system, we were taken on a campus tour. Even though it's, in American standards, a small campus with "only" 13000 students, I was pretty lost, and happy that we're pretty much going to have classes in the same rooms everyday.
After school some of us went to the mall. They had to get their phone-card-things, and I had to get new running shoes.

Tuesday my class and I went down to Seattle with school. We went to the Pike Place Market, where the first Starbucks ever is located (I got myself a vanilla latte - yum!), where the infamous Gum Wall is (I put a piece of pink gum on there), with fish-throwing men, and a golden pig. It was a pretty cool place, and I definitely think I'll be going back there.
The very first Starbucks

The Gum Wall
Bobber on a golden pig
After that we went to the Space Needle - the trade mark of Seattle. We went all the way up (158,5 m.), and had a 360 view over the city, which was pretty amazing!
The Space Needle
View from the top of the Space Needle

After all this we went back to EdCC for our first real classes. The teachers pretty much just talked about what we're going to do and such, so it wasn't really a real class. But it'll all start pretty soon; our history teacher already assigned us 60 pages to read, an essay to write and a quiz to take, ALL for Tuesday next week - welcome to college!

3 kommentarer:

  1. Sounds like a GREAT BEGINNING!!
    My only suggestion is that next time you are at SB, get a Pumpkin Spice Latte... trust me, if you think the mall LOOKS like heaven, this is how Heaven TASTES!

    SvarSlet
  2. Kære Emma. Dejlig fortælling... jeg fornemmer det næsten som om jeg selv er der. Hilsen din far

    SvarSlet
  3. Kære Emma. Jeg nød også at læse om dine oplevelser! Dejligt at du trives. Mads er i Plusli. Vi kørte ham til Thisted igår og fik både besøgt M&M, Pers og Farmor. Rigtig hyggeligt. Jeg har fået ryddet op i mit ene skab på dit værelse idag! Kærlig hilsen Mor.

    SvarSlet