søndag den 17. oktober 2010

Another blog

I think it's about time to write another blog.

Friday October 8th I went to the dog-beach in Edmonds with Chihiro, Jill, and Jill's dog Zeus. The dog-beach is a fenced part of the beach, where dogs can play in the water and with each other. Zeus went pretty crazy and had a lot of fun - and so did I!
The funny thing about Zeus is that Jill shares custody over him with her ex-husband, so they each have him a week at the time. Neither of them have any kids, so they treat Zeus like their baby. It's pretty funny to watch, coming from a family that never has had a dog before. (They are seriously considering dressing Zeus up for Halloween too...)
After the dog beach we went to the mall, because Jill had to get a new phone. I stayed there and went to a movie with Emilie, Janne and Pernille. We watched "Life As We Know It", which was a pretty good movie - chick-flick, but pretty good. Of course we all got the delicious american popcorn with butter on them - yum!!



Saturday October 9th I took the ferry with Emilie and her host-family, from Edmonds to a peninsula on the other side of the "pond". They were going to visit a friend who had just finished building a brand new house. She lived 30 ft from the water, and her house was just gorgeous! I don't know what this single woman is going to do with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, cleaning I guess... The nature around the house was as taken out of a "Twilight" movie, and actually I was just waiting for a vampire to come flying through the trees. Didn't happen, though...


On Sunday we celebrated Jill's birthday. Her birthday is really on the 12th, but because she was leaving for Hawaii on that day, we celebrated it Sunday. Her parents came over and they'd brought the most delicious ice cream cake with Oreo crust. They we're really fond of my book about Denmark, and said that they would love to come see the country someday.

Jill and her parents

Then another week started. Usually I get up at 7.15, take a shower, make breakfast, coffee and lunch, and head out the door to catch the bus at 8.10. I only have to walk for 4 minutes to get to the bus-stop, so that's not too bad. The bus-ride takes about 7 minutes.
When I get to school we have about 3 hours of tutoring. This is a time where we're supposed to do our homework and there's some older students there to help us if we need it. There's not too much homework though, so I've started bringing my bff, Harry Potter, to class. These tutoring hours are pretty nice though, and you get a chance to really learn the stuff they're teaching you. After a 1½ hours long lunchbreak (We still haven't figured out exactly what to do with all this time...), we have 1-4 50 minute classes, before I take the bus home again.

Wednesday October 13th Emilie and I were both home alone, so we went to a grocery store and bought some food, so we could make a delicious dinner. It went pretty well, even though we only could find knives without those "teeth" on it, which made it pretty hard cutting out our steak...



Friday, Pernille, Janne and Emilie came to my house and made dinner, before we went to the bowling alley right by the school with 15 other people from 2.y.



I sucked, but it was a lot of fun; I guess it IS possible to have fun without alcohol. ;)

After we were done bowling, the four of us took a cap back to my place. The 5 minute ride + a stop at 7-11 only cost 13 dollars INCLUDING the tip. That wouldn't have done it in Denmark. At all... The girls and I watched a movie, before we went to bed. The next day we went to the mall, and by now I think we all agree that Urban Outfitters is the most amazing store!

I guess that's all for now. I have an exciting week ahead of me, but you're going to have to wait to hear more about that. :)

1 kommentar:

  1. Every day...a new adventure!!!
    And see, if you are sober, you can remember them all so you can write about them!!!

    I have a feeling you are in for quite a few more exciting times before I come pick you up! :-)

    SvarSlet