It's funny how you can go without seeing a person for a long time, but then, when you see them, it's like you never left each other. That's how it is with Allie. Last time I saw her was this summer. She came back from Colorado to see me and my family for only one night, so we didn't get to talk that much. That's why I was so excited to have her come here. A whole weekend, where we, just the two of us, could hang out and talk about old times.
The Friday she arrived, we took the metro back to Seattle. We walked down to the water, to the Pike Place Market, and saw all the touristy stuff that's around there. She was really amazed by all the water and fresh fish - she is not used to this in Nebraska.
After walking around for a while, we went to see a movie. We watched "the Social Network", which is about the making of Facebook. It was really good! After that we went to this really cool sushi place, where all the different kinds of sushi would go around on this moving band, and then you could just grab whatever you want. The plates' color would decide how much each item was.
We took the bus home, and went to bed. Nebraska is two hours ahead, so Allie was pretty tired when we got home.
Saturday some of my classmates, Allie and I took the bus to Snoqualmie Falls. It was a pretty long busdrive, and the weather was not too good, so when we arrived, we couldn't really see anything. But still, it was really pretty, so I can only imagine what it looks like when the sun is shining.
We took the bus back to Seattle, where we all went to this Italian restaurant. After this, we split up, and some of us went to Fremont. It's a neighborhood right outside Seattle where there's a lot of vintage shops. It's a really cool place!
Sunday, Allie and I went to downtown Edmonds. Since the buses don't run on Sundays we had to walk, and Allie was getting kind of cranky with all the hills. We went to this American breakfast restaurant, and had an American breakfast containing eggs, bacon, sausages, and pancakes. After this we walked down to the water. It was a really nice day, so we just walked around and enjoyed the weather, the water and each other. We took a cap home - Allie didn't want to walk home, because now it was going UP-hill...
Jill took Allie and I to the transit center, where Allie would take a bus to the airport. She would spend Sunday night in a hotel by the airport, since her plane back to Nebraska would leave at 6 am.
We've had a great weekend together, and I really hope that her and her family will be able to come to Denmark next summer!
I LOVE this sentence:
SvarSlet"you can go without seeing a person for a long time, but then, when you see them, it's like you never left each other".... I know just what you mean!
And I love that you got to SHOW HER around Seattle! You were the travel expert! :-)